Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Living Dead in Dallas, Charlaine Harris

I feel like our page has picked up pretty well haha! (If anyone else wants to post about books, email Will so he can make you an admin).

Finished The Broker a few weeks ago, but I forgot to post about it... sorry! It was a typical Grisham book- about a guy who gets pardoned by the president because the CIA wants to find out what's going on in some kind of technology/intelligence scandal... The guy ends up living in Italy for a while, made me want to go to Europe so bad. Easy read, trademark twists, recommended if you want something not too deep. (8/10)

I also just finished Living Dead in Dallas, the second book in the Sookie Stackhouse novels. (These are the books that the wonderful & horribly addicitive HBO show True Blood is based on). I liked the first one, Dead until Dark better, since it was less complicated... but this one is actually pretty good too. Like Twilight if it was written better and on steroids.

For you people who haven't watched the show, the books center around a bar waitress named Sookie who happens to be able to read minds. The first book she meets Bill, obviously her vampire lover. In this one, she gets sucked into helping some random vampires find their missing member and drama between her and Bill.

Also, LaFayette dies in this book :( :( :( :( He's central to the show but this is the first time you hear about him or Tara in the books. Best character of the show- the flamboyant gay black cook.

Somehow I always root against the vampire lovers (Sam, the shapeshifter of the series, is my favorite... werewolf things are always way cooler anyways) but this series is actually really good. The least cheesy out of all the supernatural fiction I've read lately... yeah 9/10 for guilty reads. I guess this is kind of a girl book though....

Now if I could only finish Walden maybe I could post something a little more insightful to life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Danielle, so I do I post on here?! I think I might be ready to pop my blogging cherry ;)

    ReplyDelete